Friday, March 16, 2007

OpenNETCF's Smart Client Offline application block

Now I am back from Virtual earth to mobile application development & task was to design a component to handle connection and data upload and download, it should able to work in online and offline modes.

While goggling for the possible solutions I came across application blocks by OpenNETCF, OpenNETCF is not new to me , I have already tried the Exception management application block provided by them & I found that they have also provides the application block for Offline, actually all these application blocks are inspired by application blocks provided by Microsoft but OpenNETCF provides these for .NET compact framework. I must say a great work by OpenNETCF poeples but felt that it lacks a small thing & i.e. how to use these complex & enormous application blocks.

After try & error methods I able to compile the error free version of the application block ( warnings were neglected ;) as usual)

I tried to use it on sample application & it stared screwing me up. Hell the call goes from one assembly to another & functions receives interfaces as input parameter (I was really horrified by this ), the designed might have included all these complexities to server the actual need of components but my god its really not mentioned any where that how to use it AS IT IS or from where you can start. Apart from these difficulties I got error in configuration section (God knows why these peoples needs config file for an pocket pc application).



so Still searching for a good alternative.

3 comments: